XHTML (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language)
XHTML is an XML-based variant of HTML. It uses the same document model as HTML with the same semantics: only the serialisation method differs. A notable benefit of using XHTML is that it can be parsed, generated and manipulated using standard XML-based tools.
- Add an external CSS stylesheet to an HTML or XHTML document
- Add an internal CSS stylesheet to an HTML or XHTML document
- Hide part of an HTML or XHTML document when it is printed
- XHTML 1.0 The Extensible HyperText Markup Language, Second Edition, W3C, August 2002
- XHTML 1.1 — Module-based XHTML, Second Edition, W3C, November 2010