Subversion is a non-distributed Open Source revision control system. It was intended as a replacement for CVS, but with notable improvements such as the ability to commit changes atomically.
Locations within a Subversion repository are identified by means of a URL. There are several transport mechanisms through which repositories can be accessed:
- via the filesystem (using a
- via the WebDAV extension to HTTP (using a
- via the bespoke svnserve protocol (using a
WebDAV access to Subversion is often implemented using the Apache HTTP server in conjunction with the
mod_dav_svn Apache modules.
- Configure Subversion to trust a given SSL certificate
- Configure mod_dav_svn to provide a list of available Subversion repositories
- Mirror a Subversion repository
- Permanently delete a file from all revisions of a Subversion repository
- Roll back a Subversion repository