HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
At the time of writing (December 2011) the most recent approved version of the HTML standard was HTML 4.01, however a working draft of HTML 5 has been published and aspects of it are already supported by some web browsers. HTML cannot generally be parsed as XML, however there is an XML-based variant of HTML called XHTML which can be.
- Add an external CSS stylesheet to an HTML or XHTML document
- Add an internal CSS stylesheet to an HTML or XHTML document
- Convert from HTML to formatted plain text using Lynx
- Create a bidirectional hyperlink in HTML
- Generate an HTML 5 DOCTYPE using XSLT
- Hide part of an HTML or XHTML document when it is printed