- IP addresses and other connection details are logged.
All HTTP connections to this site are logged using the 'combined log format' (see here). This includes the IP address of the connecting machine and the address of the page visited. These logs are kept for the purpose of:
- compiling usage statistics, and
- investigating abuse.
Logs that include IP addresses will not be intentionally disclosed to any third party except to the extent that this may be required by law.
- (ironically) to record when you have hidden the message warning you about cookies,
- by Google Analytics, and
- by third-party advertisers.
Likely future uses include:
- implementing features that require users to register and log in, and
- implementing remote troubleshooting tools.
Details will be posted on this page as and when they become known.
In order to protect your privacy, the Google+ and Facebook buttons on this website do not become active until clicked. What happens after clicking is between you and the social network in question.